Working on an animation, story or demoreel?
Feedback helps you
to stay productive and improve!
Take your work to the next level by joining our monthly…
“Get shot done!”
Group Animation Mentoring
This is a chance to analyze, discuss and refine your art skills and animation projects every single month.
- one online group call every month
- meet fellow artists and get feedback from an animation mentor how to improve
- easy to follow frame by frame animation critiques, demoreel feedback, draw overs and advice
- use the event for deadlines and get your project done
- each session is available as a recording, so you can re-watch and slow down important moments
My name is Ferdinand Engländer, I am a 2D (and occasionally 3D) animator from Germany. I worked as an animation supervisor for the video games The Inner World 1 and 2 and A Minute of Islands, and created rigs and layouts for the BBC series Patchwork Pals. I have been teaching animation and storytelling for years here on Animator Island, at the SAE in Cologne, Macromedia Stuttgart and other universities.
During my career, the input from other professionals boosted my skills the most. An experienced eye can not only spot problems, but also explain them in a way that makes it a lot clearer what needs to be done to improve an animation or film.
Frame by frame animation critiques, constructive feedback and helpful draw overs are all tools that I have used every day to push the work of my animation students and teams to be even more precise, entertaining and fun.
With this group animation mentoring workshop I want to pass on my knowledge and help you to become an even better animator! I believe that we can all learn from each other, and that industry “secrets” shouldn’t be secret at all! I’m excited to teach you what I know and start some interesting discussions within the group.
During my work as an animation supervisor I was directly responsible for hiring animators. From this experience, I know what studios and supervisors are looking for in a demoreel. I can help you build yours up and perfect it.
From time to time the sessions might be held by guest mentors, who will contribute different perspectives and valuable, real-world information for you all.
How can I join?
Join the “Group Mentoring” tier on Patreon to get access as a participant to one group mentoring session every month. Your monthly contribution must reach at least the price of this tier to unlock access to the group call.
Monthly Group Mentoring
19 € or
+ VAT depending on your country
per month, cancel any time
- Get advice on how to take your art and animation to the next level
- up to 15 minutes of animation critique per person every session
- group call on Saturdays or Sundays, time slot will be voted for, recordings are available for participants.